Explore financial Topics
READ KIM’S NEWEST ARTICLES
- "Kim educated herself on the issue and became passionate about educating her readers to keep them and their loved ones from becoming victims of financial exploitation, especially among seniors. She was accurate and professional; a true pleasure to work with!" —Barry Lanier, Chief, Bureau of Investigation (retired), Florida Department of Financial Services
- “Kim Lankford is one of the great experts on personal finance, especially in insurance areas. She is one of the people I go to when I have a question.” — James Angel, associate professor, McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University
- "I always found Kim's column in Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine to be very informative and insightful. Her advice was invaluable and diverse... reporting ranged from Social Security to travel insurance and more. Kim is one of the best personal finance writers today.” – Fred Joseph, Former Colorado Banking and Securities Commissioner
"Kim Lankford is an A++ journalist, and one of those rare people who can understand and explain in simple terms the most complex financial concepts." – Mari Adam, CFP, MBA, CRPC, Adam Financial Associates, Inc.
I am frequently featured as a financial expert on television, radio, podcasts, and in print.
• 2013 | Society of American Business Editors and Writers Best in Business Award for Personal Finance
“While Alzheimer’s is a widely known ailment, the enormous financial toll is rarely discussed. Lankford presented the material in an upfront but easy to understand way. It gave different examples of how families are coping. This is true service journalism that educated the reader, and most likely helped people grappling with which way to turn."
• 2016 | New York State Society of CPAs Excellence in Financial Journalism Award
“Comprehensively explained Medicare as a guide to help readers navigate the system and avoid mistakes.”
• 2017 | New York State Society of CPAs Excellence in Financial Journalism Award
“Comprehensively explains strategies and resources via the experiences of families with special-needs children.”
As a financial journalist, I partner to develop articles, blogs, newsletters, webinars, podcasts, videos, special events, and educational materials. View my samples here.
Over the past 20 years I have been a guest speaker, moderator, and panelist for national conferences, universities and local colleges. Contact me below to start the conversation about how we can collaborate together.
Contact me for media inquiries, writing articles, speaking engagements, or to ask a financial question. Or, email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.